Bosch’s 18V wireless battery and charger are now available for preorder on Amazon, indicating that they’re just about to hit the market.
As you might recall, the inductive charging technology works when the compatible wireless battery – either by itself or attached to a drill or driver – is placed on top of the charger.
There are a couple of different components available. To get started, all you really need is the charger and a battery, but the optional accessories are what pull everything together into a more practical and versatile system.
Pricing are higher than plug-in batteries and chargers, but aren’t exorbitant:
- Charger holster that fits newer 18V drills and drivers, WC18H, $49
- Charger, WC18C, $59
- Charger frame, WC18F, $15
- Charger with frame, WC18CF, $69
- 18V 2.0Ah Li-ion battery, WCBAT612, $99
- Charger with holster, WC18CH, $109
- Starter kit with charger, frame, and battery, WC18CF, $159
- Complete starter kit with charger, frame, battery, holster, WC18CHF, $199
The wireless battery and charger both have built-in charge fuel gauges.
Buy Now(via Amazon)
ETA: October 1st, 2014