Craftsman has come out with new Pro Series ball bearing tool storage units that have good-looking features and specs.
But more than that, these are connected tool storage products which feature Bluetooth Smart Lock technology allowing you to secure and unlock your toolbox with your smartphone.
As someone who regularly misplaces their toolbox keys and occasionally wants to lock them up, this seems like a great idea!
Pricing on these tool storage units is higher than many of Craftsman’s same-size heavy duty consumer tool storage products, but a lot lower than other professional systems that have electronic locks.
Like Tools? Tool Deals? So do we. Sign up for our Newsletter!
Features & Specs
- 200 lb ball bearing drawer slides
- Griplatch drawer retention system
- Integrated power outlets in chest and cabinet
- 2 USB ports for charging tools, phones, and other devices
- Pro-grade double wall construction with internal corner gussets and external corner trim for strength
- Included drawer liners and top mats
- Top lid stiffener with embossed Craftsman logo
- Gas struts for top lid support
- Stylized 6″ x 2″ casters with toe locks
There will be 3 sizes: 26″, 41″, and 52″. The 41″ and 52″ roller cabinets each have a full-width drawer at the top, with double slides providing for a 300 lb load rating.
Bluetooth Connected Smart Lock Capabilities
- Automatically lock and unlock your tool storage with your smartphone, based on proximity
- Remotely unlock tool cabinet to give access to others
- Users can monitor and check reports to see if the storage unit has been tampered with
- Backup keys are provided
Sizes & Styles
The chests and roller cabinets are available separately.
26-in.Wide 9-Drawer Combo Unit
- Chest (58660): 26-in. W x 21-in. D x 24.5-in. H ($550 list, $328.20 on sale)
- Roller Cabinet (58661): 26-in. W x 21-in. D x 42.5-in. H ($900 list, $630 on sale)
41-in. Wide 17-Drawer Combo Unit
- Chest (58662): 41-in. W x 21-in. D x 24.5-in. H ($730 list, $480 on sale)
- Roller Cabinet (58663): 41-in. W x 21-in. D x 42.5-in. H ($1220 list, $820 on sale)
52-in. Wide 20-Drawer Combo Unit
- Chest (58666): 52-in. W x 21-in. D x 24.5-in. H ($900 list, $600 on sale)
- Roller Cabinet (58667): 52-in. W x 21-in. D x 42.5-in. H ($1550 list, $1000 on sale)
41-in. Wide Combo Stainless Steel Unit
- Fingerprint-resistant coating to keep the unit looking clean
- Chest (58664): 41.5-in. W x 22-in. D x 24.8-in. H
- Roller Cabinet (58665): 41.5-in. W x 22-in. D x 33.6-in. H
ETA: October 2016
It’s good to see Craftsman trying new things, and I’m also glad to see new pro-grade Pro Series cabinets.
I do have a few questions and concerns.
Where are the side handles?
Do the units have to be connected to an AC power source to maintain proximity lock controls?
On the 52-inch combo, there are many very wide drawers. Is racking/wobble going to be a problem?