Craftsman’s 8pc Reversible Ratcheting Wrench sets are currently at a killer price – $68 each. These sets are normally $100 each ($80 when on sale), so $68 is a pretty hot deal.
This is how you get the sets for $68 each.
1. Add the appropriate set to your cart (links above). It is important that you place a separate order for each set to maximize the discount.
2. Ensure that your Craftsman Club # is entered in your Sears account profile. Not a Craftsman Club member? Sign up here.
3. If you added one set to your cart, the $10 off of $75 promotion (valid until 5/7/09 will automatically be deducted from the $100 starting price.
4. Coupon code SDEALS817 deducts $5 off $50, so another $5 will be deducted from your order. You’re now at $85.
5. A 20% online-only discount for Craftsman ratcheting wrench sets will take another $17 off your order amount.
6. To avoid paying shipping, select in-store pickup. Each set will then be $68 + tax.
I recommended these sets to a colleague earlier and was asked the following question: “Stuart, why are you recommending these sets when you yourself use the cheaper Gearwrench ratcheting wrenches?
I attempted to summarize my answer for you, but both times I ended up with several lengthy paragraphs. So, for the sake of preserving your attention (if you made it this far), following is my answer in one (grammatically incorrect) sentence.
Gearwrench reversible ratcheting wrenches are of exceptional quality, and since they are occasionallyon sale at Sears, they provide high quality at a very low cost, BUT the similar-if-not-better-quality Craftsman sets are better options for two reasons: they lack the “capstop” feature that some folks hate about Sears’ Gearwrench sets, but of more significance to many is that Craftsman’s sets are made in the USA whereas the Gearwrench sets are imported.