Milwaukee’s new FUEL M18 impact driver is the latest edition to their line of 18V brushless cordless tools. The new 2653 impact driver features the latest and greatest impact technology in a compact and lightweight package.
The FUEL lineup of brushless cordless tools initially launched with just a heavy-duty drill driver and a heavy-duty hammer drill, and will soon be expanded to include M12 drills, drivers, and wrenches. Two 18V impact wrenches have been announced, but all we know about them is that they’re “coming soon.”
Milwaukee’s FUEL impact driver faces strong competition from Dewalt’s brushless impact driver, and after testing out both, we’re still undecided about which is the best buy.
Features and Specs
- 3 settings for electronic speed and torque control: 200 in-lbs/0-850 RPM, 700 in-lbs/0-2100 RPM, 1600 in-lbs/0-2900 RPM
- 5-1/2″ length, 3.0 lbs with battery
- 1600 in-lbs max torque, 0-2900 RPM/0-3600 IPM
- 1/4″ hex chuck accepts standard power bits
- on-board fuel gauge
- LED work light
- removable belt clip
- 2653-22CT kit comes with two compact 1.5Ah batteries
- 2543-22 kit comes with two XC 3.0Ah batteries
- both kits come with quick M12/M18 multi-voltage charger
The M18 FUEL impact driver kit is available now with a list price of $280.
If you’re wondering what this brushless business is all about, check out our primer: Power Tool Tech: All About Brushless Motors.