GLUE! It can be a pain to work with, with all the spreading, smearing, and dispensing involved. My Titebond wood glue bottle has a pointy nozzle, requiring me to use glue spreaders anytime I want to apply more than a drop or two to a workpiece.
I have used Rockler’s silicone glue brush a couple of times, and it works well. Apparently everyone shares this opinion, as Rockler has come out with a lot of new woodworking gluing accessories in the past year and a half since the brush first came out.
The new glue applicator set is designed to spread glue straight from the bottle. All of the accessories work with Titebond 16 oz and 32 oz glue bottles, and the set also includes an empty Rockler glue bottle that can be refilled with any brand of glue.
Like Tools? Tool Deals? So do we. Sign up for our Newsletter!
Glue Applicator Set Components
- 8 oz Rockler easy-clean glue bottle with Titebond 16/32 oz threads
- Standard pointy nozzle – works with Titebond 16/32 oz bottles
- Mortise glue nozzle – wide and flat to reach into slots, grooves, and mortises
- Polypropylene glue funnel – attaches to Titebond 16/32 oz threads
- Glue line centering attachment – used to apply a bead at the center of board edges up to 1-1/8″ wide
- Silicone brush applicator – great for spreading small areas and is easy to clean
- Glue roller applicator – wide rippled surface is great for spreading glue over larger areas and is also easy to clean
- Cleaning brush – flexible wire handle and double-ended with soft bristles on one side and stiff bristles on the other
- 8 oz glue bottle with roller: $9
- Standard glue spouts with caps (2): $2
- 8 oz glue bottle with standard spout: $3.50
- 16 oz glue bottle with standard spout: $4
There are plenty of glue bottle accessories and spreading products already on the market, but it’s nice to see a sort of all-in-one set. With Rockler, you can usually be sure that you’re getting something good.
The kit looks handy, the parts are all made from relatively easy to clean materials, and the $20 price seems reasonable. In case you cannot use all of the components that come with the kit, some of the attachments and accessories are available separately.
Overall, this looks to be a nice product line expansion from Rockler.