Over at HD, Ryobi is holding a new promotion where you can buy 2 qualifying cordless tools and get a starter kit for free. The starter kit comes with a One+ 18 volt battery and charger, and has a retail value of ~$59.
The promo ends April 26th, 2017.
This promotion seems to be aimed at users looking to make their first Ryobi One+ 18V tool purchase, but there’s no reason not to capitalize on this deal if you have already bought into the lineup, especially if you are looking for another charger or compact battery.
The free battery is their 1.3Ah Lithium-ion battery, not their 1.5Ah Lithium+ battery. Note also that the basic Lithium-ion batteries doesn’t have an onboard battery meter. For that you’d have to step up to Ryobi’s 18V Lithium+ batteries.
There are 25 qualifying Ryobi One+ 18V tools and batteries. Here’s the list, organized by tool type:
Batteries & Chargers
- Compact Lithium-Ion Battery (2-Pack)
- Compact Lithium+ Battery
- Compact Lithium+ Battery (2-Pack)
- High Capacity Lithium-Ion Battery
- High Capacity Lithium+ Battery
- High Capacity Lithium+ Battery (2-Pack)
- 6-Port Super Charger
- 7-1/4 in. Miter Saw (Tool-Only)
- Orbital Jig Saw (Tool-Only)
- JobPlus Base with Multi-tool Attachment (Tool-Only)
- Cordless Reciprocating Saw
- Cordless Circular Saw (Tool Only)
- 15-Gauge AirStrike Cordless Angled Nailer (Tool-Only)
- 16-Gauge AirStrike Cordless Straight Nailer (Tool-Only)
- 18-Gauge AirStrike Cordless Brad Nailer (Tool-Only)
- 18-Gauge AirStrike Cordless Narrow Crown Stapler (Tool-Only)
Drills and Drivers
- 3-Speed 1/4 in. Impact Driver (Tool Only)
- 1/4 in. Cordless Quietstrike Pulse Driver
- 3/8 in. Right Angle Drill (Tool-Only)
- 1/2 in. Cordless 3-Speed Impact Wrench (Tool-Only)
- 1/2 in. Cordless SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer Drill
- 1/2 in. Hammer Drill
- Dual Power 20-Watt LED Work Light (Tool Only)
- Hybrid Stereo with Bluetooth Wireless Technology
- Hybrid LED Cable Light
The promotion should work both in store and on the Home Depot website. On the website you need to add all three items (the starter kit and both qualifying tools) to your basket, and it’ll automatically deduct the value of the charger.
Again the promotion ends April 26th, 2017.
Ryobi isn’t the first name you think of when you think of professional tools, but we’ve heard from some contractors that think highly of the brand.
Your own mileage may vary with several of the qualifying tools in the list, but if you are looking for recommendations for tools to choose, I don’t think you can go wrong with the work light — which also has been discounted to $59 from $69. Check out our review of the Ryobi cordless LED work light.
Although I haven’t tried the AirStrike nailers, many people consider them to be one of the best deals in cordless nail guns out, even comparing them to more premium offerings like Milwaukee’s M18 Fuel nailers.
Do you have any Ryobi 18 volt tool recommendations from the above list?