Over at Amazon, they’re talking about “BIG SAVINGS” on select Wera tools and tool kits. Some of these look to be great deals, others are “just okay.”
Here’s what they’re promoting as being on sale:
- 6pc screwdriver set with “lasertip” (I own a set, love ’em)
- Wera Kraftform Kompakt multi-bit screwdriver (I own one, love it)
- Joker combination wrench sets (only the larger sets look to be discounted)
- Insulated screwdriver set
- Insulated interchangeable blade screwdriver set
- Zyklop 26pc metric socket and screwdriver bit set (I have a previous version of the set, this price is so-so)
- Zyklop 3/8″ 43pc metric socket set
- Zyklop 1/4″ 41pc metric socket set
- Zyklop 3/8″ 38pc inch socket set (I own this and a 1/4″ set, and they’ve been fantastic)
Can you see a pattern in my comments? I own a number of Wera tools, and they’ve served me well over the years.
The only thing not to love is the initial investment, but good quality tools don’t often come cheap. As mentioned, none of these deals are crazy-good, but they’re still very good discounts.
The Zyklop ratchet sets are perhaps the most tempting. That 3/8″ inch set, for example, is priced at $179. Everywhere else has it for $220-240 and up. I’m very tempted to buy another set, for field use. It’s rare to find socket sets that’s both as well-equipped and compact as these.
My only complaint about Zyklop ratchets is that they can be on the short size when it comes to high torque applications.
Buy Now(via Amazon)
There’s no mention of promo pricing duration or anything of the sort. As far as I can tell, it’s more “featured low pricing” than a “sale.”