A few recurring issues have led us to issue this open note to retailers and sales representatives.
1. We do allow retailers and their sales/marketing staff to post comments. But if the comment is generic or entirely self-serving just to get your name and URL out, it will be removed if not automatically filtered out as spam.
2. If you email me and ask “how can we be featured on ToolGuyd” and I reply with a very specific and detailed response, have the courtesy to acknowledge and respond back. We don’t accept comensation for posts, so don’t even ask. If you’re looking to pay for content or an endorsement, call your local radio station.
3. If you want to be mentioned on ToolGuyd, tell us about your cool new tools, great upcoming sales, exclusive products, or project how-tos. This does not guarantee that we will talk about you, but there’s a good chance that we think it will interest our readers.
4. Before we talk about an unfamiliar retailer, we scour the web and forums for customer reviews, and might even perform a secret shopper type of evaluation.
5. It never hurts for you to contact us and introduce yourselves.
Not all retailers or their sales staff that visit ToolGuyd need to be reminded of these policies. The ones that do know who they are.