As I was out running some errands this morning I heard an Ace Hardware commercial on the radio. Evidently, they’re having a big sale this Saturday, February 20th, 2016. Basically anything that you can fit within the bag you receive from the store will be 20% off.
When I got home I tried to find information about the sale on Ace’s website, but I failed. So turning to Google, I found a direct link to the bag sale disclaimer page and a Slickdeals forum post.
In the disclaimer they spell out most of the details:
- You can’t remove the packaging to fit the item in the bag
- Power tools and appliances qualify for a 10% discount (don’t know if they have to fit in the bag or not)
- You can’t stack discounts
- The sale doesn’t apply to fuel, rental, in-store services, gift cards, city stickers, trash bags, lumber, building materials, Weber products, outdoor power equipment, or YETI products
- Individual stores can further limit the products that qualify
- One bag per customer
- The store can limit you to 5 of any one item
A good point that somebody brought up in the Slickdeals forums is that not all Ace Hardware stores participate in these events. If this is your first Ace Hardware Bag Sale, you might want to check with your local store before you head out.
Here’s a link to the disclaimer page below if you have further questions:
More Info (Ace Disclaimer Page)
Apparently this is something that they have done in previous years, also in mid February. It’s a wonder why the sale is not better advertised online.