Campbell Hausfeld, well known for their beefy compressors and air tools, is releasing a new line of pneumatic nailers. These new nailers are designed to provide professional results as easily for first-time users as for pros by being easier to operate, easier to control, and easier to handle.
CH has included some pretty nifty features into their new nailers:
- Low nail indicators – windowed magazine + <10 and <5 nail warning lights
- Anti-dry fire feature prevents damage to the workpiece
- Oil-free (i.e. less maintenance and fewer cleanups)
- Tool-less quick clear latch for quicker and easier jam removal (although these nailers were engineered to reduce hammers)
- Built-in stud finder (finish nailer only)
- Built-in laser (sounds gimmicky, but is logically appropriate)
- Bubble level for straighter and thus stronger and more stable fasteners
- In-line magazine with respect to the handles to reduce bulk
- Tethered non-marring tip
- Heavy duty fabric storage bags are more convenient than traditional blow molded cases
- Rear exhaust (brad only) vents exhaust down the handle
- Swivel air intake plug allows for increased maneuverability, especially in tight areas
Campbell Hausfeld’s New Finish Nailer
There are currently three nailers in the new lineup – a brad nailer (CHN70299), 15ga angled finish nailer (CHN70699), and clipped head framing nailer (CHN70899), with estimated pricing of $89, $139, and $199 respectively.
These nailers were designed with a balance between price and performance in mind. The target audience for these nailers are DIYers who seek ease of use and smooth operation of nailers without having to sacrifice results, and professionals without the demand for rigorous or continuous daily use of their nailers.
The design features and pricing of these nailers seem to reflect Campbell Hausfeld’s desire to provide consumer-focused nailers that provide professional-level quality. We hope to get our hands on one of these nailers soon to evaluate CH’s claims for ourselves.
Although it is clear that these nailers are not intended to provide pro-level durability, we have high expectations and look forward to pushing them as far as they can go.
New Campbell Hausfeld Nailers (CH micro-site for the new lineup)