Sears’ Craftsman brand has launched its own stand-alone online store!! Perhaps this is the beginning of an autonomous Craftsman that I have been dreaming about for years?
Here are my observations thus far:
- The Craftsman store seems to be based off of Sears’ shopping engine
- The Craftsman store only offers for sale Craftsman products (duh)
- My Sears.com store logon does not work, suggesting that the Craftsman store really will be treated separately
- The Craftsman store seems to have its own separate customer service dept.
- There seems to be a close tie-in between the store and the Craftsman Club
- There is a note saying upgrade your purchase | club members save up to 10%
- There is a nifty “price slider” which you use to filter search results by maximum price
- You can also filter search results by customer rating
- There is a “tools I own” feature which might be the basis for some type of feature I cannot yet figure out
I have already encountered several bugs and inconsistencies with the new site. Then again, I happened upon the Craftsman store somewhat randomly and accidentally – it could be that the store isn’t due to be officially announced for a few more days.
In case you haven’t noticed that the image above is a clickable thumbnail, here is a link to the full width screenshot.
Now, if only we started seeing (more?) standalone “brick and mortar” Craftsman stores – that sure would be something!
Are any of you as excited about this as I am? Leave us a comment and tell us what you think!