Dewalt is expanding their 20V Max lithium-ion cordless power tool lineup with a few new tools this Fall. In addition to their new brushless cordless oscillating tool, 3-speed premium hammer drill and drill/driver, heated jackets, and rotary hammer, Dewalt is soon coming out with a band saw and grease gun.
Information about the two new tools is sparse, but we figured you might be interested in an early heads-up.
Dewalt 20V Max Cordless Band Saw
- 2-1/2″ Cut Capacity
- Centered handle that allows for users to operate tool in any orientation, including overhead
- Ergonomic and balanced design
- Weighs 9.4lbs (with battery)
- 15″ long
- 14/18 tpi blade
- 32-7/8″ blade length
- 570 fpm cutting speed
- Built-in hook allows the saw to be hung from ladders, carts, and other types of equipment
- Built-in LED work light with 20 second delay
Model no. DCS371
Buy Now(via Amazon)
As mentioned in our Dewalt 2015/2016 new tool preview, there’s also a new cordless brushless deep-cutting band saw coming out. It’s larger than the DCS371, but can cut through much larger construction materials.
Dewalt 20V Max Cordless Grease Gun
- Maximum 10,000 PSI
- High-volume pump delivers 5.0 oz/min flow rate
- Can pump up to 12 grease cartridges per charge
- 42″ flexible hose
- Pump filter screen
- Air bleeder valve for pump priming after catridge changes
- Built-in LED worklight
- Kit comes with 20V Max 4.0Ah Li-ion battery, charger, kit box
A major complaint we hear all the time is that Dewalt’s 20V Max cordless tool selection seems limited. The most popular and in-demand core tools, mainly drills, drivers, and saws, have been available for some time now, but a lot of Dewalt 18V users have been hesitant to step into the 20V platform until the line matured a little more.
Dewalt’s 20V lineup still isn’t anywhere as broad as Milwaukee’s M18 40+ tools platform, or Makita’s 18V platform with 65+ tools, but gradual expansion is better than stagnation.