Dewalt has come out with two new cordless LED work lights for their 20V Max power tool platform, models DCL050 and DCL060.
While I’m a little disappointed Dewalt has yet to develop a 20V version of their excellent 12V DCL510 LED work light, these new options nicely broaden their lineup of cordless LED work lights.
Dewalt 20V Max LED Work Light DCL050
- 3 LEDs for broad lighting
- 250 and 500 lumens brightness settings
- LED head pivots with 140° swing arc
- Rotating hanging hook
- Non-marring overmolded lens cover
- 17 hour runtime (with 4.0Ah Li-ion battery)
Price: $69 (bare tool)
ETA: June 2014
The DCL050 is designed as a handheld worklight and features the same great ergonomics as found on Dewalt’s other 20V drills and drivers.
You can think of this as a brighter version of the DCL040 LED work light ($40-45 via Amazon) that’s been around for a few years since the 20V lineup first launched.
At $65 the DCL050 seems a little pricey, but look at the specs – it delivers up to 500 lumens of light. That’s actually a lot of power, so hopefully there’s plenty of diffusion. Otherwise even the low setting of 250 lumens will be a bit too much for close-up work.
Buy Now(via Amazon)
Dewalt 20V/18V/AC LED Area Work Light DCL060 and DCL061
- 1500 lumen LED lamp head
- 6100K (cool white) color temperature
- Rotating light bar
- DCL060 and DCL061 have Multi-Port interfaces that are compatible with Dewalt 20V Max and 18V batteries
- DCL061 can be powered by AC for unlimited runtime (power cord not included)
- 2.5 hour runtime (when paired with Dewalt 20V Max 4.0Ah Li-ion battery)
Price: $99 (DCL060) and $119 (DCL061)
ETA: July 2014
What’s black and yellow and bright enough to illuminate any work area? The new Dewalt DCL060 and DCl061 LED work lights. They’re a little big, bulky, and awkward looking, but they look like reasonably compact work lights with some nice features.
The rotating LED light bar should allow for easy aiming, and a built-in handle makes it a cinch to carry and move around.
20V Max, 18V, and AC power options (DCL061) should please everyone.