Dewalt quietly introduced a new 20V Max cordless brushless band saw last fall, DCS376, featuring dual switches.
The new Dewalt DCS376 band saw is similar to the DCS374 deep-cut brushless band saw that came out in 2015, but with the addition of a front handle switch.
Tool requires dual switch activation, a Perform & Protect feature.
- 5″ x 4-3/4″ cutting capacity
- 4-3/4″ max round pipe cutting capacity
- 0-490 FPM cutting speed (foot per minute)
- LED work light
- Integrated hook
- Weighs 13.1 lbs
- 20.75″ long
- Blade size (from the user manual online): 44-7/8″ long x 1/2″ wide x 0.020″ thick
- Comes with an 18 TPI blade
The kit (DCS376P2) comes with (2) 5.0Ah batteries, a charger, and kit box. A bare tool version (DCS376B) is also available.
Price: $629 for the kit, $379 for the bare tool
The DCS374 is similar, but without the dual switch safety feature.
Price: $579 for the kit, $329 for the bare tool.
What do you think about the dual switch Perform & Protect safety feature?
Is this something you would welcome on a cordless band saw? Or would you prefer the single-switch version?