The Dewalt DW716XPS 12″ dual bevel compound miter saw dropped in price this morning on Amazon, to $269.
- 12″ blade size
- 3800 RPM
- 6-1/2″ vertical baseboard cutting capacity
- 10″ horizontal baseboard cutting capacity
- 6-5/8″ nested crown molding cutting capacity
- Can cut 2×8 in one pass at 90° (or 2×10 with back fence)
- Weighs 44 lbs
- Built-in XPS cross-cut LED shadow cut-line indicator system
- Miter range of 0-50° left and right
- Bevel range of 0-48° left and right
I’ve been watching this miter saw for a while, flip-flopping over whether my workshop is destined to have one as a permanent fixture. I’m still actively working on reviews of other miter saws, but I think there’s a high likelihood that this is the one I’ll get. (That’s how I saw the price drop; my shopping cart alerted me to the lower price when I checked it as part of my morning routine.)
Its current price of $269 is lower than it has been, although it’s not quite as low as its winter holiday shopping season price of $249. It’s uncertain as to whether we’ll see the same Black Friday pricing for Father’s Day. I don’t think we will, and that $269 is the best price we’ll see on the saw right now, but there’s no guarantee of my being right or wrong.
Price: $269 (as of the time of this posting)