Dremel has come out with a new version of their Idea Builder 3D printer. The new Dremel 3D40-01 Idea Builder 2.0 sports a number of improvements and enhancements compared to their first generation model.
I had a brief opportunity the new Dremel Idea Builder 2.0 in action, and while it can be quite boring to watch a 3D printer do its thing, I noticed a few nice touches compared to some of the other 3D printers I’ve seen in videos or observed at Maker Faire. More on that later. In the meantime, here’s a quick look at what it offers.
To start, here are some of the features that the new Dremel 3D printer boasts:
- See-through lid
- Fully enclosed workspace
- Enhanced cooling system
- Built-in exhaust fan
- Expanded build capacity compared to version 1.0
- New extruder with active filament monitor
- Removable tempered glass build platform
- Quick Level 2-point leveling system
- Network-enabled over WiFi and Ethernet
This is a PLA filament printer.
- Build size: 10 x 6 x 6.7 inches
- Total build volume: 402 cubic inches
- Minimum layer height: 100 microns
- Single extruder
- Extruder temperature: up to 230°C /397°F
They say that leveling should be easier than before.
Buy Now(via Amazon)