Duo-Fast has introduced their new FloorMaster 250BN, a 16 gauge hardwood flooring finish nailer. This new addition to Duo-Fast’s lineup aims to provide a faster and more precise way to perform blind and face nailing during hardwood flooring installation.
Some of the new features included in the FloorMaster 250BN include: a 45° detachable non-marring nail guide to protect floor, wall, and cabinet surfaces and allows for more precise nail placement; a depth-of drive design to help eliminate tongue splitting; and a nail lock-out to prevent blank firing.
Greater line-of-sight, more precise nail placement – sounds great! We’re also told that the 250BN is designed by hardwood installers, for hardwood installers. This is a policy that we’re happy to see more and more manufacturers using in the development of new tools.
Product Info, via ITW Duo-Fast
For pricing, check with your ITW or Duo-Fast distributors and representatives.
From the Duo-Fast 250BN Fact Sheet:
- Weight: 3.8 lbs.
- Height: 11.25 in.
- Length: 10.8 in.
- Magazine Type: 20°
- Fastener Capacity: 110 Nails
- Operating Pressure: 80—120 psi (5.5 to 8.3 bar)
- Air consumption: 0.040 CFM/Cycle @ 100 psi (7 bar)
- Part # 503040
- Patent pending detachable 45° no-mar for blind and face nailing
- Non-marking, no mar pads
- High performance tool with superior drive performance
- 16 gauge tool
- Patented tool free adjustable depth of drive
- Patented nail lock out
- Blind nail precisely with an increased line of sight
- Ensures that walls, cabinetry and floors are protected from marring or scratching
- Drives effortlessly into denser exotic woods like Brazilian Cherry
- Smaller, less visible holes when face nailing
- Reduces splitting the tongue
- No dry firing or accidently indenting the top of the floor
- Blind nailing
- Face nailing
- Finish and trim applications
- Nail Length: 1-1/4” to 2-1/2”
- Collation: 20° Angled
- Nail Gauge: 16 Gauge
- Nail Type: Angled Smooth, Galvanized
Leave a Reply