Empire has recently come out with updated E2G second generation versions of their E70 levels.
- USA-made vials
- Removable shock-absorbing end caps
- Center vial is mechanically locked in place and secured with epoxy
- Precision milled I-frame profile
- One-piece ergonomic rubber hand grips
- Heavy-duty 6061-T5 aircraft aluminum construction
- Solid block acrylic vials with True Blue liquid
The new levels are available in 24″, 32″, 48″, 72″, and 96″ sizes, and there will also be a 78″ and 32″ jamb set.
Model numbers: e70.24, e70.32, e70.48, e70.72, e70.96, e70.jamb
It doesn’t look like Empire made too many improvements, but if you’re the market for a new level and have been looking at the E70, you might want to wait for the new E2G version to make their way down to distributors.
One thing that stood out to me is how Empire emphasizes that the vials are made in the USA. A quick google search reveals that the first generation E70 levels, except for the vials, were made in China.
These levels should have reached distributors last month, but some retailers might still have plenty of the older levels in stock.
Empire has updated their E71 levels as well, which have embedded magnets and lack grip cutouts.