Gerber has come out with a couple of new EDC tools under their GDC (Gerber Daily Carry) branding. Most of the GDC tools feature quick-release clips for attachment to zippers, keychains, and backpacks.
- GDC Zip Blade ($12) – 0.68″ blade with frame lock
- GDC Zip Driver ($12) – Phillips #1, #2; slotted 1/8″, 3/16″; ball detent lock
- GDC Zip Hex ($12) – 2.5mm, 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, ball detent lock
- GDC Zip Light ($12) – white LED, 8 lumens, 3.5hrs runtime, user-replaceable batteries, bonus bottle opener
- GDC Hook Knife ($11) – 2″ hook blade, stainless steel, Zytel sheath with keyring
- GDC Tech Skin Pocket Knife ($32) – 2.52″ plain edge drop point blade, rubberized Zytel handle, lock back safety function
Except for the pocket knife, the GDC tools are all about 1.8″ to 2.3″ long, which is small but not miniscule.
Some of the tools actually look quite appealing, such as the Zip Hex which would be perfect as a compact bike tool, and $12 pricing seems pretty reasonable.