Leatherman has teased us with photos of the new Rebar multi-tool for some time, but it looks like concrete specs and details are now available. The Rebar closely resembles the heavy duty Leatherman Super Tool 300 but is a bit smaller and closer to the Wave and Charge multi-tools in size.
The new Leatherman Rebar multi-tool features:
- stainless steel body or stainless with black oxide coating
- full-size combination pliers (needlenose + regular)
- electrical crimper
- removable and replaceable 154CM stainless steel soft and hard-wire cutter
- tool locking system
- 420HC straight edge knife blade
- 420HC serrated knfie blade
- bottle and can opener with v-notch wire stripper
- full-size Phillips screwdriver
- medium and large slotted screwdrivers
- wood-cutting saw
- wood and metal file
- awl with thread loop
Blade length is 2.75″, and the multi-tool closes to 4″ in length. Total weight is 6.7 oz.
Leatherman Rebar Release Date:
The Rebar will be available starting in mid-April 2012. An MSRP has not been announced yet, but we imagine the Rebar will be priced lower than its big-brother Super Tool 300, which sells at $55.