Metabo has developed a new 5-inch angle grinder, model W1080 RT, that is said to be lightweight, and especially comfortable to use. An important new feature is its rat tail handle, for added safety and ergonomics.
- pipeline installation and maintenance
- tank and structural steel fabrication
- steelwork in heavy metal industries
- tasks that require reaching or overhead work
W1080 RT Features and Specs
- 10A 1080W motor with high overload capacity
- 26 inch-lbs of torque
- 10,000 RPM (no-load)
- low profile aluminum die-cast gear housing for heat dissipation and greater tool life
- slim motor housing
- rubberized “rat tail” handle for vibration dampening and improved grip
- 5.4 lbs weight
- non-locking trigger switch
- spindle lock
- burst-proof wheel guard
- auto-stop carbon brushes
The grinder comes with a side handle, Type 27 wheel guard, an inner flange, outer nut, and spanner wrench. Optional accessories include a Type 1 cut-off wheel guard, carrying case, and 5-inch abrasive wheels.
The new grinder is backed by Metabo’s XXL warranty, which extends the 1-year power tool warranty to 3-years.
A full comparison of Metabo’s grinders can be found here (PDF).
MSRP for the W1080 RT is $170.
Buy Now(via ToolNut)