Milwaukee has officially announced their new M12 cable stapler, model 2448.
Described as the industry’s most compact battery-powered cable stapler, the new M12 cordless power tool is designed for fastening NM-B cable (e.g. 10-14 AWG Romex) to wood stick-framed structures.
The Milwaukee cable stapler was designed to help electricians achieve faster rough-in installations. It’s compact, lightweight, and sized for fitting inside stud bays and for use overhead.
The stapler works with 1″ insulated staples and can hold different sizes of single and double-stacked cables.
MNM1-600 Staple Cable Capacity and Compatibility
- Single NM-B cable: 14/2, 14/3, 12/2, 12/3, 10/2, 10/3
- Double-stacked NM-B cable: 14/2, 14/3, 12/2, 12/3, 10/2
- Low voltage cables such as CAT3, CAT5, and Coax
- 3/4″ crown width
- 1″ length
Each collation consists of 20 staples, and the staples are sold in 600-count boxes.
When equipped with an M12 CP 2.0Ah battery, the stapler can drive up to 1,200 staples per charge.
Features and Specs
- Compatible with MNM1-600 staples
- LED work light
- Reversible belt clip
- On-board battery fuel gauge
- Staple viewing window
- Movable cable guides
- Dry fire lockout
- Weighs 4.6 lbs without battery
Pricing and Availability
- Tool-Only (2448-20): $229
- Kit (2448-21): $299
- Staples (MNM1-600): $16.99 per box
The 2448-21 kit comes with the stapler, M12 charger, CP 2.0Ah battery, and a contractor bag.
ETA: June-July 2022