We previously posted about some of the new Milwaukee LED products for this year. Most notably, there’s the new M18 Radius wide-area worklight, the “Rover,” a clamping M12 flood light (mentioned about halfway into our 2016 media event preview), and a new M12 flashlight. There’s also a battery-charging version of their tripod light stand, called the “Rocket,” which we’ll post about later on.
Also new from Milwaukee is this M18 4-mode LED search light, model 2354.
This new cordless search light is designed to be far-reaching and bright. It can light up a target area more than 700 yards away, with up to 1250 lumens of light.
But it’s also said to be good for flood lighting or task work. It has 4 operating modes:
- Spot mode, for lighting up areas from far away
- Spot-Flood mode (patent pending), for also lighting up surrounding areas
- Flood mode, for broad area illumination and task lighting
- Strobe mode
The new search light has a pivoting head with a 198° range of motion.
It’s weather resistant, with an IP54 rating, and also has a high-impact and durable polycarbonate lens.
- Spot Mode: 600 lumens, 7 hrs runtime
- Flood Mode: 1200 lumens, 4 hrs of runtime
- Spot + Flood: 1250 lumens, 4 hrs runtime
- Strobe: 1200 lumens, 5 hrs runtime
Runtime specs are based on a 5.0Ah battery pack.
There will be a kit option, 2354-21, which comes with a M18 XC 5.0Ah battery pack and charger, and a bare tool option, 2354-20.
Pricing: $99 for the bare tool, $229 for the kit
ETA: October 2016