Milwaukee is gearing up to launch quite a few new personal safety products, including disposable respirators, safety glasses, hard hats, hi-viz vests with oodles of pockets, hearing protection, and new impact-resistant and cut-resistant gloves.
There are very many brands and styles of safety gear on the market, but Milwaukee boldly believes they can do it better. They say:
Milwaukee intends to disrupt the personal safety market with solutions designed for the challenges users face and offer new features they’ve demanded for years.
For hard hats, that means a new BOLT attachment system for accessories.
For safety glasses, Milwaukee is equipping their top model with fog-free military-impact lenses and a removeable gasket.
The new Milwaukee respirators are said to offer increases comfort and fit, with soft adjustable straps. The valved respirator has a tight-sealing gasket for even better fitment.
New hearing protection products include ear plugs and reusable corded ear plugs. that offer “all day comfort.”
Milwaukee is also expanding their work gloves with new impact demolition gloves with enhanced palm and rear fingertip protection, hi-viz polyurethane-dipped cut-resistant gloves in ANSI cut levels 2, 3, 4, and a new goatskin leather glove with reinforced palm.
Full List of New Milwaukee PPE Products
Except where noted differently, all of these new products are launching in October 2019.
Milwaukee Hard Hats
- Vented Hard Hat – Type 1, Class C
- Front Brim 48-73-1000—$19.99
- Front Brim (Small Logo) 48-73-1001—$19.99
- Full Brim 48-73-1010—$24.99
- Full Brim (Small Logo) 48-73-1011—$24.99
- Hard Hat – Type 1, Class E
- Front Brim 48-73-1020—$19.99
- Front Brim (Small Logo) 48-73-1021—$19.99
- Full Brim 48-73-1030—$24.99
- Full Brim (Small Logo) 48-73-1031—$24.99
Milwaukee Safety Glasses
- Safety Glasses ($9.99)
- Clear 48-73-2000
- Tinted 48-73-2005
- High Performance Safety Glasses ($19.99)
- Clear 48-73-2020
- Tinted 48-73-2025
- High Performance Safety Glasses with Gasket
- Clear 48-73-2040—$29.99
- Polarized 48-73-2045—$39.99
Milwaukee High Visibility Safety Vests
- High Visibility Yellow Safety Vest ($19.99)
- S/M 48-73-5021
- L/XL 48-73-5022
- XXL/XXXL 48-73-5023
- High Visibility Orange Safety Vest ($19.99)
- S/M 48-73-5031
- L/XL 48-73-5032
- XXL/XXXL 48-73-5033
- High Visibility Yellow Performance Safety Vest ($39.99)
- S/M 48-73-5041
- L/XL 48-73-5042
- XXL/XXXL 48-73-5043
- High Visibility Orange Performance Safety Vest ($39.99)
- S/M 48-73-5051
- L/XL 48-73-5052
- XXL/XXXL 48-73-5053
Milwaukee Disposable Respirators
- N95 Valved Respirator 48-73-4011—$3.99
- N95 Valved Respirator with Gasket 48-73-4001—$5.99
Milwaukee Hearing Protection
- Foam Ear Plugs (10 Pairs) 48-73-3001—$3.99
- Foam Ear Plugs (100 Pairs) 48-73-3005—$19.99
- Reusable Corded Ear Plugs (3 Pairs) 48-73-3151—$5.49
Milwaukee Work Gloves Expansion
- High Visibility Cut Level 2 Polyurethane Dipped ($7.99)
- S: 48-73-8920
- M: 48-73-8921
- L: 48-73-8922
- XL: 48-73-8923
- XXL: 48-73-8924
- High Visibility Cut Level 3 Polyurethane Dipped ($8.90)
- S: 48-73-8930
- M: 48-73-8931
- L: 48-73-8932
- XL: 48-73-8933
- XXL: 48-73-8934
- High Visibility Cut Level 4 Polyurethane Dipped ($10.99)
- S: 48-73-8940
- M: 48-73-8941
- L: 48-73-8942
- XL: 48-73-8943
- XXL: 48-73-8944
- Goatskin Leather Gloves ($19.99)
- S: 48-73-0010
- M: 48-73-0011
- L: 48-73-0012
- XL: 48-73-0013
- XXL: 48-73-0014
- Impact Demolition Gloves ($29.99) – Available Now
- S: 48-22-8750
- M: 48-22-8751
- L: 48-22-8752
- XL: 48-22-8753
- XXL: 48-22-8754
- 10lb. 6’ Extended Reach Locking Tool Lanyard 48-22-8812—$27.99
- 15lb. Extended Reach Locking Tool Lanyard 48-22-8816—$28.99
- 15lb. 6’ Extended Reach Locking Tool Lanyard 48-22-8817—$32.99
We were introduced to the new Milwaukee safety gear at NPS19, and I’m interested in taking a closer look at some of the new products in the months to come.
There is one big question I cannot answer yet: Can Milwaukee offer better PPE products their first time around compared to very experienced high-volume brands such as 3M?
For disposable respirators, I buy 3M’s vented masks that are packaged in a folded and space-saving design. Will Milwaukee’s really fit me any better?
Can Milwaukee make better-fitting or more comfortable earplugs than Howard Leight, 3M, Peltor (a 3M brand), or Radians?
This all remains to be seen. I’ve taken somewhat of a liking to Milwaukee work gloves, and bought a pair of insulated cut-resistant gloves last week. I must not be the only one, because they’re expanding the line even further, something they probably wouldn’t do if their gloves were not selling well.
Milwaukee’s strong Home Depot partnership will likely help make these tools highly successful. When I want specific personal safety gear, I often have to order it online, from Amazon or industrial suppliers. If Milwaukee’s respirators or hearing protection compare well against my current favored products, Home Depot availability is going to be a big bonus.
I do wish Milwaukee would come out with safety goggles, since I can’t exactly fit close-fitting safety glasses over my prescription glasses. Maybe we’ll see safety goggles in their next PPE product expansion next year.
Which of these new Milwaukee safety products would you want to learn more about? Do you plan to try any of them?