Yesterday was the first day of spring, which means that it’s now lawn mower season. The Lowes Raven hybrid riding lawn mower is a new combination 3-in-1 model that offers an interesting combination of features.
The Raven is a multi-purpose rider, a riding lawn mower, and it can also be used as an electric generator.
It’s the on-board gas engine electric generator that makes the Raven so unique. The gas generator powers the Raven’s wheels, cutter blades, power outlets, and it also charges a backup battery.
A Lowes commercial pointed out that a standard riding mower can suffer from up to 40% power loss due to its belts and transmission – components the Raven hybrid has no need for thanks to its generator.
- tight turning radius (16-inches)
- 46-inch adjustable deck
- on-board 7100 Watt electric generator
- mowing deck is easily removed (in minutes)
- all purpose rider with 17MPH top speed
- ATV-style frame, shocks, suspension
- drives like car with standard accelerator and brake pedals
- backup battery keeps you moving quietly or when gas runs out
- belt-free for greater power efficiency and less gas consumption
- brushless DC motors
- direct-drive hybrid design
The Raven hybrid mower is made exclusively for Lowes and is priced at $2999. It’s no robo-mower, but it’s a great concept.
Full Specs & Details(via Lowes)