UPDATE: Here’s our review of Ridgid’s new JobMax tools. The page you’re reading now has info on the oscillating multi-tool and autohammer tools, while this page here talks all about the right angle drill, ratchet, and impact driver.
Ridgid has just released an innovative line of JobMax cordless power tools which feature interchangeable tool heads. The heart of this system is Ridgid’s new Power Base Handle, which features a tool-free quick connect interface, 4 directional head positions, a variable speed trigger, and a one-handed ergonomic grip.
Ridgid’s new JobMax cordless tool combo kit (model R92234) includes:
- 12V drill with 2 speed settings, 3/8″ chuck, 18-position adjustable clutch, and LED light
- Multi-tool oscillating tool head, for cutting wood and metal, sanding, scraping paint, removing grout, and many other applications these types of tools are usually used for
- Auto Hammer head, for hammering nails in tight spaces (this should be comparable to the recently reviewed Ryobi Auto Hammer)
- One Power Base Handle (for the two heads, the drill is a one-piece system)
- Two 12V lithium ion battery packs with battery charger
Pardon our frankness, but WOW, this looks like an awesome tool system! We’ll keep you posted with more information as it’s made available.
It’s a fair assumption that Ridgid will offer reasonably priced individual JobMax add-on tool heads once the combo kits hit stores, and if so, the system might even approach the versatility offered by Milwaukee’s vast selection of M12 cordless tools.
Ridgid’s new JobMax tools should hit stores in early March; if you seem them before we do, snap a pic if you can and let us know!
This combo set (R22334 drill & multi-master head kit) is currently available for preorder at Home Depot’s online store, and is priced at $199.
Click on the thumbnails below for larger pics of the tools.
What do you guys think about these modular tools?