Rockler has released their 2019 Black Friday “wrap” circular. It’s less than 4 pages and doesn’t have a ton of good deals, but there are a few that I’ll mention after we list out the deals.
The sale goes live November 29th and runs until December 2nd, 2019. My local Rockler stores usually open at 9am on weekdays, although in years past I know they’ve opened early. You need to check your local store’s hours.
Let’s start with the deals on the first page:
- 20% off select domestic and exotic lumber
- 30% off regular priced router bits
- Dust Right 10 gallon separator $60 (reg $100)
- Dust Right universal small port hose kit $20 (reg $40)
- Jorgensen 600lb steel bar clamps $25 (reg $45)
- Rockler convertable benchtop router table $150 (reg $200-220)
- 10000 lumen 4′ LED shop light $50 (reg $80)
- 3000 lumen big LED bulb $9 (reg $18)
Benjamen’s take: The two deals on this page I find interesting are the Dust Right universal small port hose kit and the 10000 lumen shop light.
I’ve always thought the universal small port hose kit was overpriced, but it’s really convenient to have a few flexible adapters that fit everything rather than custom adapters for every tool. While $50 is a lot for a 4′ LED shop light nowadays, I’ve tested another Rockler shop light and found it to be really good quality construction and have a good color light output.
On the next page there are a bunch of Jet doorbuster deals that are marked down anywhere from $100 to $200 that are valid November 26th to December 3rd, 2019, but on the last page there is a Jet 15% sale running the same time. I have no idea if the 15% off runs on top of the discount or is included, so we’ll leave those alone.
Then we have the following deals:
- Laguna 14|Twelve bandsaw $1000 (reg $1200)
- Supermax 16-32 drum sander $1000 (reg $1200)
- Nova G3 Comet II lathe chuck $100 (reg $150)
- Freud 8pc CNC router bit set w/$50 gift card $150
- Freud 8pc Signmaking CNC router bit set w/$50 gift card $200
- Rockler Taper Jig $60 (reg $99)
- Rockler Anti Fatigue Mat $20 (reg $35)
Benjamen’s take: I’ve been impressed with the Laguna bandsaws and this is probably the model I’d purchase for my shop if I had the space. I own a smaller Nova chuck and have been satisfied with it — $100 is a good price.
It’s interesting that they are offering a $50 gift card instead of discounting the Freud CNC router bits. Perhaps Freud won’t let them discount the bits. The other reason could be is that they could offer a larger “discount” because a not-insignificant percentage of gift cards never get used.
I’m not covering 7 deals on hairpin legs, I’ll leave that exercise to the interested reader, otherwise the deals on this page are:
- Rockler HVLP finishing sprayer $100 (reg $150)
- Large Homeright spray shelter $36 (reg $60)
- Rockler 17pc universal T-track kit $23 (reg $40)
- Titebond III glue quart bottle $7 (reg $14)
- 24″ Jet parallel clamp $45 (reg $66)
- 31″ Jet parallel clamp $49 (reg $71)
Benjamen’s take: I do a lot of spray painting (out of a can) on metal projects and I’ve been looking for a spray shelter because the mist gets everywhere. For $36 I might consider purchasing one. The Universal T-track deal is okay, I’ve watched the T-track prices at Rockler over the last year and I think I’ve actually seen this kit priced lower. It’s hard to go wrong at $7 for a quart of Titebond III wood glue.
I don’t know if the price of parallel clamps has gone up, but these prices seem weak for a Black Friday deal. A few years ago in January, I purchased a kit with 2 of each of the clamps plus 4 clamp blocks for $120. Yes that was a clearance special, but I still feel they could do better this year.
From November 26th to December 3rd, 2019, you can save 15% off of Jet and 10% off Powermatic Tools. The flyer is claiming free home delivery, but when I went to the website listed to see the specifics, They listed dates in August – it doesn’t appear they’ve updated the site for this sale yet.
From November 28th to December 2nd, 2019, You can save 10% of all Laguna tools and accessories, 20% off Laguna bandsaw blades, 10% off Supermax tools and accessories, and 20% off Supermax abrasives.
In the same date range you can save up to $1250 on one of two Shark HD5 CNC’s and get a free mini 4th axis.
Out of all the deals on this page, I’m thinking the 15% of Jet Tools is the best deal. We regularly see Jet and Powermatic go on sale for 10%, but 15% is much rarer.