Rockler has two sales going on concurrently until August 5th, 2016: their Annual Garage Sale, and their Inventory Reduction Sale.
If you shop via Rockler.com, what this means is that there are two slightly different lists of sale items. If you have a Rockler store nearby, you also can take advantage of store-specific sales on display machines and inventory that particular store wants to move fast.
The first time I visited the store closest to me, I was pretty disappointed with the garage sale. The garage sale tables were filled with obscure hardware and most of the floor models were only marked down by 10%. That’s pretty lousy considering that these are open box items that have been abused by customers for at least a year. The only floor model that was marked 50% off was an Excelsior lathe for $150, but considering that they regularly discount this lathe to $200, I’d say it was only 25% off.
I had to go pick up some dust collection fittings a few days ago, and the situation was improved. They had more items on the garage sale tables, including a floor model WorkSharp WS3000 for $120, and they had marked some of the floor models to 20% off. Of course your experience may vary wildly, depending on the store and what kinds of tools or supplies you’re interested in.
I found that my Rockler didn’t have many of the sale items that were featured on the website, or if they had them, they weren’t marked down. You could check on the website to see if you store has a particular item, but I’ve been burned by that feature before. I definitely recommend that you call ahead to see if your store actually has the item you’re looking for.
I combed through the list and found some items that I think are good deals:
- Rockler/Insty-Drive Self-Centering Bits for $20 (normally $30)
- Rockler Auto-Lock Hold Down Clamp for $20 (normally $30)
- Rockler Auto-Lock T-Track Clamp with Mounting Bracket for $20 (normally $40)
- Mounting Bracket for Auto-Lock T-Track Clamp for $5 (normally $10)
- Rockler Pock-it Hole Clamp with Quick Release for $15 (normally $22)
- Dust Right Lathe Dust Collection System for $40 (normally $50)
- Rockler Clamp-It Corner Clamping Jig for $22 (normally $28)
- FastCap ChopShop Saw Hood for $104 (normally $140)
- Kreg KKS-BK Standard Bench Clamp, 3” Reach for $24 (normally $32)
- Magnifying LED Work Light for $50 (normally $100)
- Armor P7-IL Auto-Adjust In-Line Dog Clamp (same as Craftsman push peg clamp) for $17 (normally $34)
- Triton T20ID 20V Impact Driver (with two 4Ah batteries) for $149 (normally $270)
- Triton T20DD 20V Drill/Driver (with two 4Ah batteries) for $134 (normally $265)
Last time I checked, some of these items were on backorder for a few weeks, but the dates were before the end of the sale. So if you order them now you should still get the sale price.
Rockler has a coupon code for free shipping on orders over $35. Click here to activate free shipping. I’d say your best bet is to order online and throw in a few cheap items if you haven’t met the $35.