Streamlight’s Stylus Pro is an incredibly good LED penlight flashlight. It is easily pocketable, bright, durable, and runs off of common AAA batteries. While not the best penlight we’ve used, as that distinction is awarded to the FourSevens Preon 2, the $20-25 Stylus Pro offers very high bang for the buck.
The Stylus Pro Reach is a variant of the Stylus Pro that features an 8-inch flexible extension that offers a total 14-inches of reach. This allows the Stylus Pro Reach to go around obstacles to aim light exactly where you need it.
Features and Specs
- 38 lumen output, 825 candela peak beam intensity
- 8-hour runtime
- Requires 2x AAA batteries (included)
- C4 LED is impervious to shock
- 8-inch flexible polyethylene-coated extension cable
- Included super-strong magnet mounts light in any position for hands-free use
- Tail clip allows for easy stowing of cable and attachment to pockets
- Type II Mil-Spec anodized aluminum finish
- IPX4 water resistance
- 1-meter impact resistance
- Folded length: 7.5″
- Extended length: 14.6″
- Weight: 2.7 oz with batteries
Buy Now(via Amazon)
The Streamlight Stylus Pro Reach is typically priced at about $27-30.
If you want something with longer reach, the Streamlight Stylus 65418 has an 18″ extension for 25.5″ reach ($20 via Amazon). If you want something a little smaller and thinner, the Stylus 65618 has a 7-inch extension (for 14″ total reach) and folds down to 7″ long ($19 via Amazon). Both of these alternate models require 3x AAAA batteries.
Of course, if you don’t need the flexible extension, we very enthusiastically recommend the Stylus Pro flashlight, which goes for $21-24 via Amazon.