Wiha has just come out with a new battery-powered micro bit screwdriver (model 75989). The driver is powered by 3 AAA batteries and comes with 38 micro screwdriver bits, a manual slim static dissipating handle, and a metal storage case.
There are a couple of battery-powered micro-bit drivers already on the market, but their designs don’t really engender a sense of quality. Granted I haven’t tried any of them out, but there’s something I really don’t like about tools that are only promoted around major tool-gift-giving holidays. Once the holidays pass, such tools always disappear from store shelves.
Wiha is quite possibly the top name in precision screwdrivers, so I’m more inclined to take their battery-powered micro bit driver a little more seriously. Unfortunately, it also comes with a serious price of $95-$120.
Buy Now(via Amazon)
- Slotted bits: .8, 1.2, 1.5, 1.8, 2, 2.5, 3, 3.5, 4mm
- Phillips bits: #000, #00, #0, #1
- Torx bits: T3, T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, T10, T15
- Hex bits (inch): .050, 1/16, 5/64, 3/32, 7/64, 1/8, 9/64, 5/32″
- Hex bits (metric): .71, .89, 1.27, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4mm