Lowe’s, through their affiliate network newsletter, has informed us that their free shipping policy has changed.
To sum up the major changes, the lowes.com free parcel shipping threshold has been lowered from $49 to $45 for all customers. For MyLowe’s members, however, the free parcel shipping minimum went from $0 to $45.
Lowe’s started offering “free parcel shipping” for MyLowe’s members in the 48 contiguous US states starting on May 1st, 2017, with some restrictions.
We reached out to Lowe’s for a comment and will follow-up when we hear back.
Lowe’s free shipping terms prior to 9/4/2019 (Before):
Free Standard Shipping for All MyLowe’s Customers on Qualifying Orders
- You must be logged in to your MyLowe’s account prior to checkout to take advantage of the Free Standard Shipping option. New MyLowe’s customers must register for an account prior to checkout.
Free Standard Shipping for Non-MyLowe’s Customers on Qualifying Orders $49 or More
- To qualify for Free Standard Business Days Shipping, your order must total $49 or more before any taxes, fees or shipping charges are added.
- Free shipping will not apply if eligible items are canceled, resulting in an order total of less than $49.
Lowe’s free shipping terms as of 9/5/2019:
Free Standard Shipping on Qualifying Orders of $45 or More
- To qualify for free standard shipping, your order must total $45 or more before any taxes, fees or shipping charges are added.
- Free Shipping will not apply if eligible items are canceled, resulting in an order total of less than $45.
- Free shipping applies only to items weighing less than 150 pounds (or 70 pounds for P.O. Box or APO/FPO addresses) that meet standard weight or cube requirements.
- Free Shipping is only valid on orders shipping to a single address.
- Orders are delivered to the shipping address 1 – 3 business days after they are processed. Processing take a minimum of one business day and delivery takes an additional 1 – 3 business days.
More Info(via Lowe’s)
If you’re a MyLowe’s member who has enjoyed their no-minimum free parcel shipping policy for the past 2-1/3 years, how do you feel about these new changes? Have you placed many small orders below $45?
Update with Lowe’s Response
We asked Lowe’s to provide a comment about the free shipping policy change, and they replied:
Lowe’s offers a variety of delivery and pickup options for our customers, including free, buy online, pick-up in-store and free standard shipping on qualifying orders of $45 or more.
We asked why they cancelled the no-minimum free parcel shipping for My Lowe’s members, whether they’re getting rid of the program, whether it’s to lower costs, whether there will be a different paid-membership program in its place, and whether there is any comment about the free shipping minimum going from $0 for MyLowe’s members to $45.
We don’t have anything additional to share. This is consistent with retail industry standards.
To add context to their latest statement, I would point out that Home Depot, Lowe’s biggest retail competitor, offers free parcel shipping on $45+ orders.