UPDATE: Here’s our review of Ridgid’s new JobMax tools. The page you’re reading now has info on the right angle drill, ratchet, and impact driver, while this page here talks about the autohammer and oscillating multitool.
Yesterday, we posted a bit about Ridgid’s new 12V JobMax cordless tool system, and the first combo set that includes an auto hammer head and an oscillating multi-tool attachment. Well, it turns out that Ridgid is introducing another JobMax combo set, with this one featuring a right angle drill, impact driver, and ratchet attachment!
Ridgid’s compact right angle combo set (R82234) includes:
- Power Base Handle with tool-free quick connect interface, 4-direction adjustable head positions, and variable speed trigger.
- Right Angle Impact Driver head with mar-resistant cover, and rated at 650 in-lbs with no-load speeds of 0-2000 rpm and 0-3100 ipm.
- Right Angle Drill Head which features a 3/8″ single sleeve chuck and compact head design. From the product pic, it looks like the RA drill head may be even more compact than the Milwaukee right angle drill we previously reviewed, although it does not look like Ridgid’s model has an adjustable clutch. The drill is rated at 120 in-lbs and no-load speeds of 0-550 rpm, which is more powerful yet slower than Milwaukee’s standalone offering.
- 3/8″ Square Drive Ratchet, which is compatible with standard square drive sockets and adapters. This attachment has an integrated chuck and clutch, which Ridgid claims makes it the most compact in its class. The ratchet attachment is rated at 250 in-lbs and 0-220 RPMs.
- Two 12v lithium ion batteries with 30 minute charger, and a Ridgid heavy duty contractor tool bag.
As of yet, we still don’t know when these new JobMax tools will be released or how much they will cost. We’re very excited about these new tools, and will post updates as soon as we find out more.
Ridgid’s new JobMax lineup falls under their Fuego group of cordless tools, which are described as the fastest, lightest, and most compact in their class. With the new JobMax series, Ridgid may have to add “and most cost efficient” to their claims!
The previously mentioned drill, auto hammer, and oscillating multi-tool JobMax kit should hit stores in early March, and so until we learn better, we’ll assume this this right-angle kit will be released at the same time or shortly thereafter.