Over at Amazon, they have the new Dewalt DWS716XPS 12″ dual bevel miter saw on sale. As we posted about a couple of months ago, this is an updated version of the well-regarded DW716 miter saw.
This saw has been on my wishlist for a while, as I’ve been in the market for a non-sliding 12″ miter saw.
Upgrades over the older model:
- Upgraded high visibility bevel scale
- Longer base legs
- New vertical quick clamp
- Upgraded dust collection
- Removable table under-guarding
- New blade bolt design
Features and specs:
- 12″ blade size
- 3800 RPM
- 2×8 cross-cutting capacity at 90°
- 2×6 cross-cutting capacity at 45°
- 6-1/2″ vertical baseboard cutting capacity
- 6-5/8″ nested crown molding cutting capacity
- Weighs 41 lbs
- Built-in Cutline LED shadow cut-line indicator system
- Miter range of 0-50° left and right
- Bevel range of 0-48° left and right
If you want greater cutting capacity, consider a 12″ sliding miter saw – the Dewalt DWS779 is on sale right now for $349.
Here’s why I personally have the DWS716XPS on my wishlist and am strongly considering buying it right now:
- Smaller footprint than a sliding miter saw, and less things to go wrong or affect accuracy
- Dual bevel isn’t always necessary, but comes in handy
- XPS LED cutline indicator is an AWESOME feature
- I’ve been long-impressed with Dewalt miter saw quality
Sale Price: $279
If the DWS716XPS is a little too pricey for you, Amazon also has the single bevel DWS715 miter saw on sale for $199.